Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Book of Good Love 2

1. After reading the Mountain Girl section I felt a little disturbed.  Throughout the whole story you see that the mountain girls are very controlling and demanding.  They had the say in everything and expected things to go as they had planned.  I think in most situations you think that the guy would be the more dominate one in a relationship or a specific situation, but in this story the woman was the more dominant one.  I think when men don't have that control they start to second guess themselves on who they really are.  Like in a way they loose there dignity, but I found it interesting that he was going to the mountain girls for guidance or satisfaction.   I also found this story to be quite sexual like in a dominatrix kind of way at least in the beginning.  I think the mountain girl represents a fantasy because the story describes what they look like and there features are very exaggerated.  I read this text as someone trying to gain a type of satisfaction, such as searching for someone to marry.

No comments:

Post a Comment